You cannot apply for this job because it is closed.
Job Reference: FSOH639-Feb20
Wilson James are looking to recruit Female Security Officers to work at Belfast International Airport. This role will involve screening and searching of staff and passenger's and their baggage. It is essential you have good communication skills, have the ability to deal with variety and difficult situations as well as being able to work as part of a team.
Due to the nature of body searching that is required of this role, only female applicants are being accepted.
- People Search Use of equipment and manual search techniques, in order to ensure that no prohibited articles are taken into the airport
- Xray screening and bag searching – Use of equipment and manual search techniques, in order to ensure that no prohibited articles are taken into the airport
- Access Control - Controlling of access to the aerodrome, checking identification or travel documents for all passengers, staff and airport users requiring access.
- Resolve queries from customers and assist them with their journey through the airport offering advice where necessary & high levels of customer service.
- Responding to and assisting with emergency situations such as aircraft emergencies,
- Patrolling: Carry out patrols of the airside / landside areas to ensure that these locations are secure
- Attending to and investigating reports of incidents.
- Aircraft guarding and escort duties within site
BenefitsExcellent training and development, full training to obtain your Aviation airside pass, annual leave entitlement, auto-enrolment pension scheme, death in service benefit
Additional InformationShifts/Hours: Permanent, full time (40 hours per week - The shift pattern is 2 earlies, 2 lates, 2 off. Earlies can commence from 0200, and lates are between 2100 and 2230 finish (latest) Salary: £8.21 starting salary, rising to £8.55 after passing your probation period
- Ability to listen actively to others.
- Have the ability to recognise the potential sensitivity of communication and exercise good judgement in how the content is addressed
- Demonstrate an awareness of non-verbal communication and using it appropriately to support and emphasise oral communication.
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Basic IT Skills
- Demonstrate the ability to think and act quickly in emergencies or under pressure
- Have an ability to deliver succinct and clear verbal and written reports where necessary
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to deal calmly and confidently with all demands from the public.
To pass the Aviation vetting requirements set out by the CAA you will need to provide:
- Solid 5-year UK residency
- 5-year Checkable background (including employment, self-employment, career gaps, benefits and education
- Minimum of 18 years of age to be able to obtain an airside pass
- Able to pass a CRC, Access NI and CTC (Counterterrorism check) as part of the airside pass application.
- Able to pass a colour-blind test
Wilson James is a leading security, construction logistics and aviation services provider with more than 5,000 employees. With in-depth sector and service expertise, we deliver solutions to clients operating across the Aviation, Construction, Corporate, Energy, Manufacturing, Maritime and Technology industries.
Wilson James are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.